secret spring

10 September, 2013






-

I went swimming in my summer dress in a secret spring. It was cold and it felt like a punch when it got to my stomach. There was no cell phone reception, no internet, no TV. Just friends, bugs, wildlife and a dog sharing a hidden away space. My time there was so short. I wanted to say something profound about my sweet sojourn, but it feels like water through my hands. I tried to carry that quiet calm back with me into the world of wifi and social networks and meetings. But it dripped, dripped, dripped away far too quickly.


I guess the only remedy is another trip to those vibrant blue waters, but you actually have to win a lottery to get there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

A Short While All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger