a sunset

27 December, 2012

I took a scenic route on my way home from running errands tonight. As the sun was setting, I decided to stop at a park and just take it in. The sky reflected gently in the water of the river by the park and my eyes were overwhelmed by the colors. For a moment, with the moon low and large by the horizon, it nearly felt like I was on another world. (And as an added bonus, I thought my relatively new red hair looked particularly nice in the light.)


To be honest, I was having a rough day before this moment. My mind felt foggy and my heart so heavy. It's amazing how a good sunset can calm nerves and change your perspective. After leaving the park, I took a new book to a sushi place down the street from my apartment. I enjoyed a long dinner and felt ... well, good. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

A Short While All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger